We are excited to announce the newest grantees from our So Love Can Win Fund!
Akonadi Foundation’s So Love Can Win Fund provides general support grants of $10,000 to Oakland’s Black, Indigenous, or people of color-led groups and organizations who seek to ignite and implement a radical collective vision of freedom and racial justice. The awarded projects use strategies that include local racial justice organizing, art and culture, healing and wellness, and journalism, storytelling, or narrative change.
For our first round this year, we awarded $310,000 to 31 groups. In this round, we awarded $190,000 to 19 groups that are doing innovative work from telling and uplifting the stories of longtime Oakland residents to creating safe spaces for LGBTQI+ Muslims.
Meet the 2022 Round 2 SLCW Grantee Partners:
- Bay Area Mural Program Inc
- Bay Area Women Against Rape
- Black Sobrante Park Community Healing Council
- dNaga GIRL Project
- East Bay Alliance For A Sustainable Economy
- Generation of Oakland
- Healing Clinic Collective
- Homies Empowerment (Caretaker of Youth Activism)
- Ikuna Group
- Love Not Blood Campaign
- Oakland Voices (Maynard Institute for Journalism Education)
- Queer Crescent
- Radio B’alam – Mayan Voices
- Rara Tou Limen Haitian Dance Company
- Saving Shorty
- Valerie Troutt Projects
- West Oakland Mural Project
- Youth Vs. Apocalypse (YVA)
Sign up for our mailing list by registering for our newsletter on our website.