We are excited to announce the newest grantees from one of our signature programs, the So Love Can Win Fund!
Akonadi Foundation’s So Love Can Win Fund provides general support grants of $10,000 to Oakland’s Black, Indigenous, or people of color-led groups and organizations who seek to ignite and implement a radical collective vision of freedom and racial justice. The awarded projects use strategies that include local racial justice organizing, art and culture, healing and wellness, and journalism or narrative change.
For our first round this year, we awarded $310,000 to 31 groups that are doing incredible work from community-centered healing that incorporates indigenous and ancestral healing practices to community-based journalism written by and for Black communities.
Meet the Round 1 2022 SLCW Grantee Partners:
- Afro Urban Society
- AfroCentric Oakland
- Arab Resource and Organizing Center
- Asian Immigrant Women Advocates
- Asian Refugees United
- Be Imaginative
- Black Joy Parade
- BoomShake Music
- Choices for Freedom Inc
- The Oaklandside (Cityside Journalism Initiative)
- Community Ready Corps (CRC)
- Diamano Coura West African Dance Company
- Oakland Bloom (Floreciendo)
- Freedom Community Clinic
- Fua Dia Congo
- Global Communication Education & Art (GCEA) (Macrobiotic Study Center)
- Mercer Brotherhood
- Ministerio Latino
- Nomadic Press
- Oakland Black Pride
- Oakland Communities United for Equity and Justice
- Oakland Public Conservatory (Music is Extraordinary, Inc)
- Priority Africa Network
- Reclaiming Our Own Transcendence LLC
- San Francisco Bay View Oakland Desk
- Somos Familia
- Trybe Inc.
- Black Gold Storytellers (Write Avenue)
We’ll be sharing more about our grantee partners on our social media channels, so make sure to follow Akonadi Foundation on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Stay tuned for an announcement for when the next round of funding opens up later this year! Sign up for our mailing list by registering for our newsletter on our website.