The Akonadi Foundation Strategic Plan: 2008-2012 Goals
• Increase the use and practical application of a structural racism framework by social justice organizations across the country that are committed to racial justice.
• Foster a shared vision for racial justice across diverse movement sectors and strategies.
• Transform the national public discourse on race from a color-blind framework to a common sense understanding of structural racism.
• Spark innovation in racial justice movement building through cross learning, alliance building, and strategic initiatives.
• Inspire and inform racial justice movement building by elevating innovative place-based racial justice efforts.
• Increase funders’ use of a racial justice lens in all areas of grantmaking and increase the financial resources for racial justice movement building.
• Broaden public awareness of racial justice as a crucial and achievable social justice goal.
To read the full document you can download it here.
“Power concedes nothing without demand. It never did and it never will.”
- Fredrick Douglass