The Akonadi Foundation does not distribute printed guidelines and proposals are accepted by invitation only. Please see the Programs page for more information about our funding priorities.
The Akonadi Foundation works to build strong long-term and dynamic relationships with our grant partners. We are also a small staff with a limited annual budget for grantmaking. For these reasons:
· We do not accept unsolicited letters of inquiry or unsolicited grant proposals.
· We have limited capacity to respond to requests to talk to new organizations about their work.
· We do occasionally meet with non-grantees to learn more about pressing racial justice issues, capacity building strategies, and other things that may fit with our priorities for that year. We try to be responsive to funding inquiries and requests for meetings but may not have capacity to respond to them all.
· We prefer to save your precious time and resources by not accepting meeting requests from organizations that we absolutely cannot fund or whose work fall outside of our funding priorities.
We thank you for understanding and wish you all the best with your work towards racial justice!
“The moral arc of the universe is long, but it arcs towards justice.”
- Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.